Access to the Website
Access to the website is not subject to registration. The website has the exclusive right, at all times, to suspend, partially or totally, access to the website, especially (but not exclusively) when managing, maintaining, repairing, altering or modernizing operations. “Lab in a Box” may also choose to close, permanently or temporarily, partially or totally, at any time, the website or any of the services, without prior notice.
The use of the website is subject to compliance with the following rules:
- Do not use the website to send or make available any illegal, false, misleading, threatening, malicious, abusive, defamatory, insulting, invasive privacy, racial, ethical or morally condemnable, harmful or detrimental content to the dignity of people or harmful to minors, or content that may negatively affect the “Lab in a Box” image;
- Do not use the website to send or make available information or contents that belong to third parties and that you do not have the right to use, such as, for example, content protected by third party copyright or content that contains third party personal data;
- Do not use the website to make available or transmit any type of material that contains or may contain viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or other items or computer codes, files or programs that are likely to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any equipment or computer system (hardware or software) or communications equipment;
- Do not use nor exploit, for commercial purposes or purposes that are paid in any fashion, the website, including its contents, materials, functionalities or resources (any content made available may be accessed for personal use only).
- Do not remove any notices of copyright, trademark or proprietary rights;
- Do not impersonate anyone or any entity, including, but not limited to, a person responsible for “Lab in a Box”, do not guide or receive an appointment with someone as if you are a host, or falsely testify to kinship or connections with someone;
- Do not make available or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized content as SPAM;
- Do not collect, store, make available, transmit, exploit or reproduce information about other Users (including usernames and / or email addresses) for unauthorized purposes.
In general, the User must use the website in a responsible, prudent and careful manner, and must not disturb or degrade the continuity, integrity and quality of its resources and functionalities. The User acknowledges that the use they make of the website is their own responsibility and made at their own peril, being solely responsible for any damage caused to his computer system and / or equipment or for other damages, including data loss or data damage, resulting from the use of materials, content or information obtained, in any form, via the website.
“Lab in a Box” Forum Account
The User can access the website as a visitor. In that capacity, the User may view generic information, such as information about the activities of the “Lab in a Box”, consult its agenda, products available for purchase, among others.
The User may choose to create a personal account (a “Lab in a Box” Forum Account), in order to access certain features and elements of the website. In these cases, it will be necessary to provide a set of personal data which will be treated in accordance with the Privacy and Cookies Policy.
The User must keep the access data to his “Lab in a Box” Forum Account confidential, and in particular, must not disclose it to third parties or browse under conditions that allow its decoding and copying by third parties. If the User forgets the access data to his “Lab in a Box” Forum Account, they must request the creation of a new password directly on the website.
“Lab in a Box” will send an email informing you that your account has been canceled, using the contact email address you specified when creating the Forum Account “Lab in a Box”. “Lab in a Box” is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the cancellation of your “Lab in a Box” Forum Account.
The User may also, at any time, request the cancellation of his “Lab in a Box” Forum Account by sending an email to email@example.com.
Intellectual Property Rights
The User acknowledges that the website, its structure and layout, the selection, organization and presentation of its content, including its functionalities and the software used therein, as well as the branding, logos and symbols presented on the website, are proprietary to or have been duly licensed to “Lab in a Box”.
The User further recognizes that the contents of this website (texts, images, graphics, brands, sound and animation and all other information and elements contained in the website) are protected by intellectual property rights and their use is limited to the terms permitted by law and with identification of its origin.
“Lab in a Box” is responsible for managing the design, layout and arrangement of all information, content and materials on the website, and therefore “Lab in a Box” can, at any time, update, modify or delete any content, services, options or features, as well as modify their presentation and configuration and change their URLs.
The User is not authorized to transmit, communicate to the public, publish, make available to the public, modify, transform, copy, sell, use or distribute, in any way, the texts, images or other information contained in this website or part of the website without prior written authorization from “Lab in a Box”.
The User will be able to access and use the contents and materials made available through this website for non-commercial purposes, upon clear identification of the respective source (and link to it). Any alterations to the material must be clearly identified and it shall not be stated or in any way inferred that the use of the materials was authorized and/or supported in its origin. The User may not apply, to third parties that access the materials, restrictions on their use by such third parties, in addition to those that result for the User of these terms.
The use of this website does not necessarily imply the provision of personal data. If, however, you wish to solicit contact and clarification requests, submit a complaint, comments or suggestions, create a Forum account “Lab in a Box”, or if you would like to consent to the processing of data for subscription purposes of the “ Lab in a Box ” newsletter, you must provide us with some personal data. These data will be treated under the terms defined in the Privacy and Cookies Policy, available on this website.
The information made available on the “Lab in a Box” website essentially aims to clarify and inform Users about aspects related to the “Lab in a Box” activity, as well as to the products and services it makes available to the public.
Responsibilities and guarantees
The website was developed with the interests of our different types of Users in mind and the target audience of the “Lab in a Box” initiatives. However, we cannot guarantee that the website or any functionality available herein will meet any needs and expectations that you have or that serve your specific purposes.
The “Lab in a Box” also does not guarantee that:
- The results obtained through the use of the website are correct, true, proper or reliable;
- Any information or suggestion, of any kind, of the responsibility of “Lab in a Box”, presented or made available on the website, or obtained through its use, whether current, rigorous, complete or free from errors – the “Lab in a Box” assumes no legal duty in this matter;
- Any material or other type of content made available by third parties through the website is safe, legal or appropriate;
- The qualities, functionalities or characteristics of the products, services, information or other materials or content disclosed on the website fulfill any expectations of the users.
Lab in a Box will not be responsible for errors that may occur due to system irregularities, failure (temporary or permanent) of the website, applications or other tools. Lab in a Box will not be responsible for any damages resulting from improper use of the website or the inability to use the website.
Links to third party websites
“Lab in a Box” may provide links to pages of other entities. These websites do not belong to or are operated or controlled by “Lab in a Box”, so “Lab in a Box” is not responsible, approves or in any way supports or subscribes to the content of these websites, or the websites linked to or referred to therein. The establishment of links does not, under any circumstances, imply the existence of relations between the “Lab in a Box” and the owner or manager of the web page to which the link refers.
For this reason, “Lab in a Box” is not responsible for the legality, reliability or quality of any content made available in other entities’ web pages, nor for the compliance with the legal rules applicable in relation to the content available there, the use of these links being the sole responsibility of the Users.
“Lab in a Box” does not guarantee that the website will operate uninterruptedly, be free of errors or flaws or that it will be available continuously.
“Lab in a Box” naturally makes its best efforts so that the website does not have any type of virus or other elements dangerous to your computer or other device from which you access the website. However, since “Lab in a Box” is not able to fully control the circulation of information over the Internet, it is not possible to guarantee that its website does not contain any type of virus or other elements that could damage your computer.
To guarantee the security of the website, “Lab in a Box” may, at any time and without the need for prior notice, take the necessary measures to guarantee the integrity, security, continuity or quality of the website, including restrictions or limitations to access.
Validity of Terms and Conditions of Use
In order to resolve all issues and disputes that may arise, inherent to these Terms and Conditions, the jurisdiction of the District of Lisbon is exclusively competent, with express waiving of any other competence.